Welcome to the Scottish Personality Disorder Network (SPDN) website.
What is Personality Disorder?
- is a diagnosis of a recognized type of mental health problem.
- is present in 5% of the general population.
- usually appears in childhood or adolescence.
- effects the way people think, feel and behave towards themselves.
- effects the way people think, feel and behave towards others.
- produces difficulties for the person and those around them.
- is variously described as having 10-12 different specific types.
- can occur along with any other mental illnesses.
- is recognized as an illness that may respond to treatment.
The SPDN is currently undergoing changes and further information will be made available shortly.